lundi 14 mai 2007

Bruxelles

Bruxelles is, as you may have deduced, a Belgian restaurant. The restaurant part is, however, of secondary importance – the best feature is that they have Belgian beers, including (oh bliss) Chimay. I’ve eaten there a couple of times and not been knocked out by the food (chicken clearly not from the same supplier as WFC; a flamiche[1] aux poireaux that had no noticeable leek presence, overcooked fish brochettes) (although, to be fair, someone else got the tournedos and it smelled great, and I stole a very satisfying bite of tomatoes stuffed with goat cheese) but it is so nice to meet a beer of substance – Castel, Flag, etc. are perfectly decent lightweight beers but have no character, as it were. The (terrible) photo shows the monks’ directions as to what kind of glass the beer is to be served in – Bruxelles did follow their directions! The map includes some places I have mentioned/will cover, and is far from comprehensive and certainly not to scale.



[1] No, I have no idea what this means. What we got was a little pie with really heavy pastry and some kind of meat filling.

Aucun commentaire: