vendredi 16 janvier 2009

Some binary oppositions

Normally I am firmly against any kind of reductive binary thinking (black/white, masculine/feminine, right/wrong, etc.) but there are a couple of delightfully contrary aspects to my life right now:

1. On the one hand, my GPA is not perfect. On the other hand, it is pretty fucking close*, and only not so because of a class so worthless I might even be kind of mad at myself if I had gotten an A in it.
2. On the one hand, I am kind of overwhelmed by some stuff. On the other hand, I have so many wonderful friends that I was kind of stumped about who to turn to just from a freaking excess of choice.

* Does that sound like gloating? I hope not. I know grades are no kind of indicator of anyone's actual worth, but I take a certain childish pleasure in getting good ones. It's like making a good frisbee pass or executing a new recipe competently or making someone laugh - it's just nice to do something well. And my undergrad GPA was kind of crap, so this is a novel situation.

Aucun commentaire: