jeudi 4 juin 2009

Grump grump grump

We all* have people we instinctively, viscerally dislike, on a chemical, cellular level. I try very hard not to be more critical of these people than I am of people in general, and to genuinely applaud their successes/good points/whatever. But I definitely get more irritated when they do something stupid than when someone I am fond of does, all of which is a very long lead up to saying:

1. Why on earth would anyone walk away from a computer to come ask me if I've sent an email? Check your @#$$)@#^*#$)^$#@#$ inbox if you want to know! (And if you want to know when I'm going to send it, then ask that exact question - I am a very literal person and have no notable mindreading ability.)
2. If we're not BFF and you're sending me a work email, be an adult and address me by name. Some kind of salutation = a not unimportant grace note.
3. Dude. Don't send passive-aggressive work** emails - if you think I've done you wrong somehow, please say so in straightforward language, so I can make my behaviour better or explain under what misapprehension you are labouring.

* Don't we? I guess I could be unique in my capacity for unreasonable dislike.
** Or non-work, for that matter. Life is important enough to merit clarity, no?

Aucun commentaire: