vendredi 20 février 2009

Complaint

My life is kind of one big ball of awesome right now. Even the bits that are stressful or difficult are useful; I am so grateful. So what am I going to do? I am going to whine about something really minor.

My house has central air. When it is chilly at night, it makes a valiant effort at warming a house built to dissipate heat. My room therefore veers between distinctly cold and sauna-esque. Like, hot enough to wake me up, which countless peals of thunder, insane bush taxi drivers, and roommate musical choices have failed to do. So then I throw open the window, and the room goes back to freezing, and also I lie there and fret about wasting energy. My sheets get sweaty and tangled and so very far from crisp and soothing and I feel dehydrated and grumpy and not-rested and BAH. BAH, I say. Also, I have been stricken with insomnia* (PRACTICALLY UNPRECEDENTED) twice in the past week. I've never been unsympathetic to people with sleeping problems, just gently baffled, and now I have to say, I could really have done without firsthand knowledge of how tedious this kind of thing is.

* Yes, I know, 'awesome life' and 'sleep disturbance' seem unlikely to go together. I am doing a lot of feeling and experiencing but not enough thinking** and I think the psychic backlog, as it were, is responsible.

** Not that I accept any absolute distinction between emotion and reason. But I do not feel sharp enough today to go deeper into this.

Aucun commentaire: