I am a little wary of my enthusiasm for taking photos - putting the camera between yourself and whatever you're photographing reduces it to an object, allows you to distance yourself, allows you to consider the image rather than the actual thing itself; plus I hate loathe and fear photos taken of human beings not personally known to the photographer*; anyway, having all these very very strong political/ethical feelings about photography makes it a rather complicated pleasure for me.
But I have overcome all this enough to put up an album of photos on Facebook, and for those of you (Hi, Anonymous Friend) who are not on it, here is a link. They are from my last 2 years in New Orleans.
* Unless they are performing.
vendredi 17 juillet 2009
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
work in progress
libellés
- accidie
- Art
- Bamako
- Bay Area
- Books
- Cooking
- Cross-cultural fun
- DC
- Dessert
- Dilemmas
- Drinks
- family
- French
- Gabon
- Geekitude
- Grease
- happy
- idiots
- Language Snob
- love
- money
- Movies
- music
- New Orleans
- pastry
- Quotes
- random
- Restaurants
- satisfying websites
- School
- segou
- Technology
- Thinking
- Travail
- Travel
- Uganda
- Unfamiliarness
- Vacation
- Whining
- Writing
- yoga
1 commentaire:
Wow, that's some serious analysis of photography. I just hope to capture time in an instant and preserve it for the future. But I like your photos! oh, and you and Clare should probably stop crushing on dead men!;-)
Enregistrer un commentaire