Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue.
Somewhere along the way I learned to believe that no kind of love lasts for me. (And therefore either that I am unlovable, or that love is not worth feeling, whichever, both?) This means, frankly, that I spend a lot of time acting like a hysterical jerk. And it is, after all, very hard to love a hysterical jerk. So it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy that reinforces its own wounds.*
I've spent a lot of time drilling down to discover this, the core problem; now I am learning how to change both this basic operating assumption and all the behaviours it inspires. I am building something, very slowly, and sometimes there are tremors that knock down structures and show me how much I have left to do. But I am building something.
* Ugh, mixed metaphor, yuck.
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
work in progress
libellés
- accidie
- Art
- Bamako
- Bay Area
- Books
- Cooking
- Cross-cultural fun
- DC
- Dessert
- Dilemmas
- Drinks
- family
- French
- Gabon
- Geekitude
- Grease
- happy
- idiots
- Language Snob
- love
- money
- Movies
- music
- New Orleans
- pastry
- Quotes
- random
- Restaurants
- satisfying websites
- School
- segou
- Technology
- Thinking
- Travail
- Travel
- Uganda
- Unfamiliarness
- Vacation
- Whining
- Writing
- yoga
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire