- Eat Mexican food and drive around NoVa with parent, bring him to acknowledge that have dressed less like a bag lady than usual
- Pretend to go to Olsson's to have a quiet hour; end up buying books
- See 'Becoming Jane'; find it pleasant enough, but the sobbing all-female audience a little much to take
- Drink overly-sweet but fun drinks in a bar playing music from high school and college - I love being marketed to
- Sit on a rooftop and discuss unfortunate ways for Peace Corps cats to die
- Discover new farmers' market at 14th and U! (By 'new' I mean 'I must be the last person in DC to know.')
- Eat a Handroll Bento Box at Teaism (hooray!)
- Buy (more) books at Kramerbooks (anybody want to take some books off my hands? For real, call me)
- Gorge on dip, then escape to grocery store to relish air-conditioning
- Go to Dukem (god I love that slightly grainy red hot sauce), manage to pawn off 1 book on dining companion (so 1 down, untold numbers to go)
- Dance at Black Cat, make resolution to buy Prince album after watching ENTIRE REST OF FLOOR sing along
- Sleep past 6 for the first time all week
- Drink 5 cups of coffee at leisurely brunch
- Jitter around downtown, go into Barnes and Noble and miraculously escape with no new purchases
- Wine + pizza + Grey's Anatomy + desultory party planning
Hmm. Lots of eating. And I didn't make it to any of the yoga classes I was planning on. But lots of good catching up with friends. And I'll have plenty of time being a starving grad student with no social life, so I might as well enjoy my last 2 weeks (argh!)
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
work in progress
libellés
- accidie
- Art
- Bamako
- Bay Area
- Books
- Cooking
- Cross-cultural fun
- DC
- Dessert
- Dilemmas
- Drinks
- family
- French
- Gabon
- Geekitude
- Grease
- happy
- idiots
- Language Snob
- love
- money
- Movies
- music
- New Orleans
- pastry
- Quotes
- random
- Restaurants
- satisfying websites
- School
- segou
- Technology
- Thinking
- Travail
- Travel
- Uganda
- Unfamiliarness
- Vacation
- Whining
- Writing
- yoga
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire