lundi 6 août 2007

Things I love

1. Apple refurbished items. Hooray being able to buy things I have convinced myself that I need for less money, thereby also convincing myself I am thrifty! My refurbished computer is cheaper than it would be with the student discount.

2. Imposing narrative order on my life. One of my first fun memories of DC was an ABBA lip-synching band at the Black Cat; now one of my last fun memories of DC will be a Prince vs. Outkast DJ set at the Black Cat. (I don't know here the Gnarls Barkley that was played fits in, but I enjoyed that too.)

3. Most things about my life right now, really.

2 commentaires:

Hannah a dit…

Damn, Gina. What a fantastico idea, the refurbishment of highly overpriced objects so that they are now closer to affordable! This may be just the solution I was looking for in order to replace my 4 years old Powerbook with a brand new freshly minted Macbook Pro, even before the new OS comes out, so that I can actually use it for work thingies (hooray, airport and plane productivity?). I suppose it would be ideal to wait for Leopard to come out but - on va faire comment.

julia f a dit…

For real, it is brilliant. My iPod is also refurbished - so I was able to get lots more capacity for the same amount of money - and the exact same guarantee/warranty/whatever it's called.