jeudi 25 octobre 2007

I need

an attitude adjustment. I've had more trouble adjusting than I expected*, and it's manifesting itself in ill-tempered insecurity - a smashing combination, lots of fun to be and to be around.

So time to chill out, relax, and enjoy being here - crap weather, dysfunctional heating system, total wipeout in front of entire biostats class today**, and all. Possibly a mantra is called for? In any case, my plan is to switch the mental topic whenever I get grumpy until it becomes second nature to not fuss.***

* Much more than when I was in Bamako - weird!
** Possibly this is just what I get for wearing heels. But they're so cute!
*** One of the most valuable, and trickiest, things my father has ever said to me is that anybody can be happy when circumstances are good - it's being happy in the face of imperfection that matters. I agree, but I'm having a tough time right now putting this into practice.

Aucun commentaire: