jeudi 11 octobre 2007

Roundup

1. There is a PERFECT coffee shop a few blocks from my house – I only discovered it during Race for the Cure. It has wifi, indoor and outdoor seating, music on Friday and Saturdays, is independently-owned, blah blah liberal crunchy happiness.
2. I do not currently love biostatistics but I do love the unselfconscious nerdiness of the textbook authors – they say things like ‘We suspect tht by this time you are rather confused…’ and ‘At the risk of applying yet another stroke to this long-deceased equine…’
3. I have now done yoga for a full week in a row for the first time ever. It feels good.
4. I’ve had a moody couple of days and this afternoon I remembered the cure: endorphins! Certainly by the time I’d reacquainted myself w/ the only hill in town, I wasn’t feeling whiny anymore – more thankful that I hadn’t had to walk my bike up it. Also, it’s gorgeous out.
5. I swung by the Broadmoor farmer’s market – it looked nice, lots of snacks - but totally devoid of fruits and vegetables – WTF?
6. How come I only discover public radio stations when they’re doing funding drives? Not that I’m not delighted to contribute, but jeez.

Aucun commentaire: