Item 1: The wearing of a costume indicates, connotes, denotes performance.
Item 2: The act of performance, for a performance to be complete, depends on there being an audience to observe the perforance.
Item 3: For Halloween this year, I wore no costume, I did not perform; I was an audience for all the excellent, creative, active, clever people who did wear costumes and did engage in public performance.
(Technically I suppose one can wear a costume AND be an audience for other people's costumes - but I have never been a fan of half measures and if I am going to be an observer, nulle, a non-participant, I am going to do it properly, so there.)
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
work in progress
libellés
- accidie
- Art
- Bamako
- Bay Area
- Books
- Cooking
- Cross-cultural fun
- DC
- Dessert
- Dilemmas
- Drinks
- family
- French
- Gabon
- Geekitude
- Grease
- happy
- idiots
- Language Snob
- love
- money
- Movies
- music
- New Orleans
- pastry
- Quotes
- random
- Restaurants
- satisfying websites
- School
- segou
- Technology
- Thinking
- Travail
- Travel
- Uganda
- Unfamiliarness
- Vacation
- Whining
- Writing
- yoga
1 commentaire:
I do seem to recall you mocking someone a couple of years ago for not wearing a costume to your OWN Halloween party.
Enregistrer un commentaire