samedi 16 avril 2011

Farmers' Market Haul

Sometimes I just need to revel in my amazing luck living in a place w/ a year-round farmers' market system - this is what I got this week:

Thursday - A variety of kale I've never used before, fresh oregano, and some beets; thinking of a raw kale salad w/ roasted beets and a dressing using the last of the preserved lemons and some of the oregano.

This morning - at Hollygrove I got some multigrain bread, 2 pints strawberries, a dozen farm eggs, a tender little head of lettuce, 4 baby artichokes, and a sachet of arugula; at the CCFM I got onions (and coffee and a tamarind popsicle.) I was infinitely tempted by english peas and radishes and green beans and green tomatoes and new potatoes and a dozen other splendid harbingers* of spring... but I have enough to play with/delightedly consume before Thursday.

Also, I HAD to buy some Nutella yesterday to make this... pretty good, maybe a little sweet for my tastes - might be interesting with some whole-wheat flour to complicate things a little?

* Well, this is probably not accurate, spring has been fully here for a bit.

Aucun commentaire: