lundi 15 septembre 2008

Bradbury, Ray. Fahrenheit 451.

"Oh, you were scared silly," said Beatty, "for I was doing a terrible thing in using the very books you clung to, to rebut you on every hand, on every point! What traitors books can be! You think they're backing you up, and they turn on you. Others can use them, too, and there you are, lost in the middle of the moor, in a great welter of nouns and verbs and adjectives..."

(Word. This reading stuff is totally treacherous. Last night I was engrossed in this book as I washed my face, took off my makeup, etc., and didn't realize til I was putting it back that I'd used my housemate's toothbrush.)

(This and 1984 have whetted my appetite for dystopia. What next? Brave New World, certainly. Maybe Darkness at Noon. But I've read all of these already - give me suggestions, internet!)

Aucun commentaire: