mardi 11 novembre 2008

Every cloud has a silver lining

On the one hand, it's cold* again; on the other hand, it is no longer so humid as to inhibit pastry**-making.

* By which, yes, I mean approximately 60 degrees. Hush.
** So, I make awesome quiche. To some this might seem like a contradiction in terms (and the first*** few times I encountered quiche, I would not have disagreed with this position) but if the vegetables are roasted and/or lavished with garlic, trust me, it is possible. Also, if a TOTAL FUCKING ROCKSTAR makes the crust.
*** Was the first time at that art gallery in Kampala? Possibly. I do recall at first being excited to try something new, and then repulsed by the limp sadness on the plate. Kids, if you enjoy food, try not to end up in any of the former British colonies****.
**** Not that there aren't plenty of other reasons to deplore colonialism. Also, is an excess of wine at book club leading me down a sadly imitative David Foster Wallace-esque path? Well, yes. Goodnight!

Aucun commentaire: