dimanche 2 novembre 2008

Kennedy, A.L. Everything You Need.

"I don't mean to cause you any problems, but I can't do it any more. No more promotional tours. I've exhausted my life's supply of diplomacy. No more pastel hotel suites with nursing-home prints, no more fucked-up flight schedules and snow-bound trains, no more ignorant, ignorant, piss-artist fucks that I have to smile at and not eviscerate. No more people who really believe I want to know even the tiniest thing about them, that I'm listening, that I'm not kneading the bar stool beside me into papier fucking mache to stop myself flocking the walls with their blood and hair. No more. It is not worth it."

(Yeah, you guessed it. LOVE HER. I read So I Am Glad in Gabon and it grabbed me by the scruff of my neck and didn't let go. So far, practically every page of this one makes me snort with laughter or stop over an image or passage in appreciation. I'm trying to read it slowly so the pleasure will last longer.)

Aucun commentaire: