- A dangerous drinking companion is one who whips out a Sharpie when you express a desire to scrawl on bathroom walls.
- So, is it awesome or absurd that, Sharpie in hand, blank wall before me, the only things I could think of were lines from Forster and Keats? Can we go with awesomely absurd? Absurdly awesome? (And yes, the Forster line was what you'd expect; I have never laid claim to any great originality in what I am sentimental about, writing-wise.)
- Sometimes in New Orleans it just rains all day. This can be vexing when I want to go places, but since yesterday all I wanted was brunch, pleasure reading, scone and pumpkin butter making, laundry-doing, it was divine.
- Lots of my classmates are graduating and moving in the next couple months; I am going to miss them! The little ones in particular!
- Saw Quantum of Solace, Casino Royale was much better (the Madagascar chase scene has to be one of the most thrilling things I've ever watched) but frankly I would watch Daniel Craig watching paint dry.
- It is super dangerous and awful that a Border's has opened up here. I am about to go get the second part of Maus and try (not very hard) to avoid other temptations.
- DJ Soul Sister should not ever venture out without some Bill Withers. Actually, nobody ever should.
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
work in progress
libellés
- accidie
- Art
- Bamako
- Bay Area
- Books
- Cooking
- Cross-cultural fun
- DC
- Dessert
- Dilemmas
- Drinks
- family
- French
- Gabon
- Geekitude
- Grease
- happy
- idiots
- Language Snob
- love
- money
- Movies
- music
- New Orleans
- pastry
- Quotes
- random
- Restaurants
- satisfying websites
- School
- segou
- Technology
- Thinking
- Travail
- Travel
- Uganda
- Unfamiliarness
- Vacation
- Whining
- Writing
- yoga
1 commentaire:
The little classmates will miss you too! (Actually, we miss you right now since we haven't seen you in a couple days ;)
Enregistrer un commentaire