jeudi 18 décembre 2008

Being craven

Writing is terrifying. There is nothing here but myself and the computer. These words are me; they reveal me, I belong to them. Writing is agency, is responsibility, is taking a stand and staking out a position. Writing is identifying myself and delineating my thoughts, my dreams, my desires, my self. Writing is a tool I might slash myelf to the bone with; writing is a mirror I flinch from; writing is a banner I am trying to raise.

(At the moment writing is mountain I am standing at the base of, staring up in incredulity at my presumption in deciding to scale it.)

(Listening to A Tribe Called Quest is getting my courage up. Alright, back to it.)

(Well, yes, there is an outside possibility that I am being dramatic/taking this too seriously. Hi, have you met me? In the category of Things About Which Julia Has An Opinion Or Feeling (Not That There Is Any Divide Between Thought And Emotion), this is positively restrained.)

Aucun commentaire: