dimanche 8 mars 2009

Day of fun!

Yesterday, I did absolutely nothing productive. Well, except for go to Hollygrove to pay $25 for a box of local fruits and vegetables (um so in love with the whole deal!), about which more later.

Part 1: Jane Austen Festival/Downtown Covington/Abita BBQ/Margaritas

Betsy and I drove across Lake Pontchartrain to attend the Jane Austen Festival; we missed the Mr. Darcy competition but not the Plain Jane judging. Then we wandered around the Covington CBD, including an artists' coop where we saw this awesome installation:



I bought a pretty bowl there. Betsy bought a dress at store that had a really absurd amount of cuteness going on. I continued my trite, unoriginal rhapsodies about how delicious and bliss-inspiring spring is and also took lots of photos of flowers, because they make me deeply happy.




Puns make Betsy deeply happy.



Then, even though all my clothes are tight post-Mardi Gras/bum ankle exercise hiatus, we ate pulled pork. Then we had margaritas near the lakeshore. I knitted at the bar, which makes me look insane, but I'm not going to finish this sweater if I don't prioritize it.

Part 2: Booze and music

First, we were impossibly sophisticated and had pretzels and grape juice/vodka chez Betsy. Then we went to the Rusty Nail which is in an agreeably shabby/industrial part of town, but populated by people who... are probably really nice, but not my style. However, I did get to add to my collection of photos of traces of past streetcar routes:



Then we went to the last night of the Indie Rock Fest. The last band was ADORABLE. (They are the first and last song on the sampler, which you can download at the Indie Rock Fest website.) The people-watching was stellar. Then, alas, the day of fun was over, and daylight savings time kicked in, and I went home to eat toast and savour some Paul Theroux.

Today is consecrated to more industrious pleasures (laundry/work projects/dealing with the box of produce/etc. etc.) I hope everyone else has had an equally excellent weekend!

Aucun commentaire: