mardi 3 mars 2009

Streetcar tracks 1, Julia 0

Today I totally wiped out in the streetcar tracks. (Note to self: Never, ever try to cross them at an angle less than 60 degrees.) This is my first bike incident in the whole 18 months I've been here, so I think it was statistically inevitable. I feel pretty lucky, for the following reasons:

1. No cars were involved, nobody knocked me down by opening a door or nudging me with a bumper. This means I only had my own mass and momentum to contend with. I am especially pleased that nobody ran over me after my descent to the tarmac.
2. Although my basket is dented and the seat was skewed, I don't think my bike sustained any real damage.
3. I was wearing pants and gloves, so my damage is limited to approximately 3 square millimetres of lost skin and a wrenched ankle. (Which means no yoga tonight, which does rather irritate me, but oh well.)
4. I was close to home.
5. People stopped to ask if I was ok. I was - I ran a couple errands before coming home - but I think if I hadn't been, they would actually have helped.

Mardi Gras season messed up my focus on a) work b) school c) exercise d) assorted Top Secret projects but was worth it. Now I am going to ice my ankle and get on with things!

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Top secret projects? You can't keep a secret!