I think I hate the free-floating anxiety even more than the anxiety that attacked some aspect of my life. I ate some breakfast (progress!) and lay on the couch feeling... awful. My particular mix of depression and anxiety manifests itself in feeling totally uninterested in doing anything, but also restless and a little sick. So I pried myself off the couch and went to a really awesome yoga class. Now I feel like a limp dishrag, but a not noticeably anxious limp dishrag. I feel very, very lucky that a) I know that yoga can help b) I have the means to do yoga (not as much as I would like, but still, a fair amount) c) I am in good enough shape to enjoy the kind of yoga that helps me the most (power flow/vinyasa squared/whatever they call it. Basically, I feel best when I have sweated through my clothes) d) I am actually capable of getting up off the couch.
Also, I wake up most mornings at 3 or 4. This really sucks and is also a completely new problem for me - most of my life I've slept with enviable ease and deepness. It might have something to do with the anxiety, it might have something to do with the Prozac. I am slowly developing a routine for falling back asleep: go to the bathroom, get some water, read for 10 minutes or so, then turn off the light and count my breaths. Usually I wake up again around 6 or 7, at which point I give up.
Things are getting better and I understand that this is not a linear process. It just helps to record what is going on.
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
work in progress
libellés
- accidie
- Art
- Bamako
- Bay Area
- Books
- Cooking
- Cross-cultural fun
- DC
- Dessert
- Dilemmas
- Drinks
- family
- French
- Gabon
- Geekitude
- Grease
- happy
- idiots
- Language Snob
- love
- money
- Movies
- music
- New Orleans
- pastry
- Quotes
- random
- Restaurants
- satisfying websites
- School
- segou
- Technology
- Thinking
- Travail
- Travel
- Uganda
- Unfamiliarness
- Vacation
- Whining
- Writing
- yoga
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire