lundi 16 août 2010

How to make an excellent* improvised salad.

1. Go to Hong Kong Market. Decide to make a salad.
2. Eye a kohlrabi bulb. Decide 'Well, I've never encountered kohlrabi before, so now is probably the time to start!'
3. Acquire kohlrabi, cucumbers, a cantaloupe, jalapenos, cilantro, and mint.
4. Take it all home.
5. Mince a tb or so each of ginger and garlic.
6. Peel kohlrabi, cut into matchsticks.
7. Slice cucumbers very finely on mandolin.
8. Cut cantaloupe into chunks.
9. Dice jalapenos.
10. Finely chop cilantro and mint.
11. Put the following into a Ball jar, put on the lid, shake vigorously:
- Garlic and ginger
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 tb or so rice wine vinegar
- 2 tb or so sesame oil
- Splash of soy sauce
- Splash of fish sauce
Taste dressing and adjust as desired.
12. Toss everything together, smirk fatuously at your own success. Eat with shrimp dumplings and stir-fried cabbage made by a dear friend.

* Crunchy, spicy, sweet, cool, herbal, juicy, with just a little of that fish sauce funk.

(It is so good that I can't help but I think I read a recipe for something similar somewhere and am just blanking on the source. Will update if I ever remember.)

Aucun commentaire: