mercredi 4 août 2010

More cooking

Slowly feeling better = more energy for cooking. I was planning to make 2 things on Monday (corn/tomato salad and fig/caramelized onion pizza) but I was starving and tired and short on time so I ended up improvising wildly but reasonably edibly.

- 3 shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 tb or so fennel seeds

Heat some olive oil. Throw in the shallots and fennel and cook until shallots are soft and slightly browned. Add:

- Kernels sliced off of 2 ears corn.

Cook for a few minutes and remove from heat. Stir in:

- 1 handful basil, chopped

Then take:

- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 big sprigs rosemary, roughly chopped

Heat some olive oil, then throw in garlic and rosemary. Cook til garlic is golden. Add:

- 3 smallish creole tomatoes, roughly chopped

Let cook til tomatoes get saucy. (Saucy! Tell me you didn't see that coming.) Add:

- 1 lb. Louisiana shrimp, peeled. (EAT GULF SEAFOOD Y'ALL.)

Cook until shrimp are barely opaque. Add lots of pepper and some salt. Mix with corn/shallot mixture. Eat over pasta from a box of shameful antiquity.

Aucun commentaire: