mardi 21 décembre 2010

Getting in shape

Is the most incremental, tedious process I know. Every single day you have to make the right, the virtuous, the wise decision and stop doing easy things (sitting on the couch eating cookies) and start doing things that are just plain hard (oh, chaturunga dandasana, how I wobble when going through you; oh, 6:30 alarm clock, how many times I have ignored you) and the thing is, it's not like I'll ever get to some magical place where I'm in shape and can just stop making the difficult-but-right decisions; it'll never be automatic, I'll always need to work at not reverting to my natural extreme laziness.

But that said, this morning for the first time I felt like a runner again (even though there was still plenty of walking, and even though at the end I felt like I was running through wet concrete.) And that feeling, my friends, is the absolute fucking tops.

(Also, in many departments of my life I am working on quiet consistent discipline, and it is SUPER BORING but also REALLY IMPORTANT so having it start to work out in the exercise realm gives me more enthusiasm for tackling it in other places.)

Aucun commentaire: