- My knees and ankles ache. It's fucking cold outside. My pants are tight. My desire to sit on the couch in sweatpants and feel sorry for myself while something delicious is in the oven for the next few months is almost irresistible. I'm going to resist it. I want to be in shape again.
- Adding a schmear of cranberry habanero mustard to grilled cheese certainly elevates it a notch.
- Went to Austin, had fun, drank some excellent beer, ate quail and doughnuts and excellent bacon and homemade bagels etc., watched Zoolander and Die Hard, fell asleep on many surfaces, managed to not to buy any super cute but rather pricey vintage clothing, walked up and down these unfamiliar things - declivities, inclines, gradients, what's the word? - oh yes - HILLS.
- CHRISTMAS! FAMILY! CALIFORNIA! Distribution of all the good stuff I've been canning all year! Excuse to make Christmas cookies and caramels and fudge and all kinds of delicious nonsense!
- So the thing about cleaning/organizing your room/abode is that you have to, like, keep DOING the cleaning/organizing for it to, like, STAY clean/organized. Bah.
- I am going to knit a deliberately shapeless comfy sweater this winter. (Last winter I knitted a sweater that I thought would be a little more, um, structured than it ended up being. I.e. it ended up looking not unlike a potato sack. But it sure is comfy!)
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
work in progress
libellés
- accidie
- Art
- Bamako
- Bay Area
- Books
- Cooking
- Cross-cultural fun
- DC
- Dessert
- Dilemmas
- Drinks
- family
- French
- Gabon
- Geekitude
- Grease
- happy
- idiots
- Language Snob
- love
- money
- Movies
- music
- New Orleans
- pastry
- Quotes
- random
- Restaurants
- satisfying websites
- School
- segou
- Technology
- Thinking
- Travail
- Travel
- Uganda
- Unfamiliarness
- Vacation
- Whining
- Writing
- yoga
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire