vendredi 11 février 2011

Travel is fun

But not conducive to blogging. I went to a great conference in South Carolina and the only unsatisfying thing was the food - neither healthy nor innovative. So I was glad to come home and make this salad:

- 4 small beets, roasted, peeled & diced
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped into florets, roasted w/ cumin and olive oil
- 2 pints brussels sprouts, quartered, roasted w/ walnut oil, fennel, and chile powder
- 3 satsumas, peeled and broken up

I tossed them all w/ some orange juice, more walnut oil, and salt, and ate w/ ciabatta and chevre. Textures! Vegetables! Amazing!

I went on a run in SC and my left knee was not having it. So I think for the next week or so I'll stick to yoga and maybe some walking - even holding off on biking (although given the terrible weather, that's not exactly a hardship.) And then maybe restart the running program - I'd rather do this slowly than wrong.

Aucun commentaire: