lundi 14 février 2011

Weekend

Things I cooked:

- Madhur Jaffrey(OMG MADHUR I LOVE YOU)'s potatoes in a thick sauce & chana dal.
- Mixture of collards and beet greens cooked w/ garlic, cumin, and a forlorn jalapeno.
- Kim Boyce's banana cereal muffins, crumble bars, and oat bread. (Obviously, I continue to be enchanted by this book.)

Things I did:

- Ate my weight in grits at the Edible New Orleans winter party. Complained bitterly about missing out on the buttermilk drops. Also, vastly amused the bartender when, while searching for the 20 hiding in the depths of my bag, I excavated a billion receipts and a tube of toothpaste as well.
- FINALLY went and saw John Boutte at DBA. He did a cover of Hallelujah that made me a little teary.
- Went on a walk that included a delightful interlude in the newly reopened sculpture garden in City Park.
- Cleaned* and re-organized my bedroom.
- Got some mending done.
- Watched a shocking amount of SVU.

* Not calling it spring cleaning b/c don't want to jinx the amazing weather of the past couple days.

Things I have recently read:

- A good book about Pat Tillman.
- A good book about science, racism, etc.
- A pretty decent dystopian mystery.
- Quite a clever YA graphic novel.
- An ok WWII murder mystery - liked the atmosphere, not really a fan though of these elaborate backstories for psychotic killers.
- Not the best Tess Monaghan but still entertaining.
- Another murder mystery - love the frumpy sidekick, hate how she's always being chided/embarrassed.
- A decent but uneven supernatural thriller (featuring a gargoyle, think that's an innovation.)

Aucun commentaire: