Exhaustion. Yoga. A margarita, ok pulled pork tamales, jazz singer in a courtyard. Sleep. Farmers' market (where I cannot ever resist buying way too many peaches), advice from my mother, yoga class, grilled cheese w/ salami and homemade pickled peppers, Bayou Teche LA 31 mixed with homemade ginger beer, sleep. Yoga, baking, sunshine, pooltime, bratwurst, another lesson in how incapable I am of applying sunblock, Game of Thrones and Treme.
Monday addition: this Marcella Hazan (she says to use 1 lb roma tomatoes and peel them, I used a pound of unpeeled Creoles and uncased sausage from Ryal's) recipe is pretty much the truth. Now I'm mad that I've had the cookbook for ages and that's the first thing I've cooked out of it!
Self-care addition: Lots of exercise and sleep, breathing meditation when necessary, practicing detachment and calm.
mardi 28 juin 2011
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
work in progress
libellés
- accidie
- Art
- Bamako
- Bay Area
- Books
- Cooking
- Cross-cultural fun
- DC
- Dessert
- Dilemmas
- Drinks
- family
- French
- Gabon
- Geekitude
- Grease
- happy
- idiots
- Language Snob
- love
- money
- Movies
- music
- New Orleans
- pastry
- Quotes
- random
- Restaurants
- satisfying websites
- School
- segou
- Technology
- Thinking
- Travail
- Travel
- Uganda
- Unfamiliarness
- Vacation
- Whining
- Writing
- yoga
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire