mercredi 20 octobre 2010

Ok, I lied. Cooking is the only thing I do.

Last night I had a simple plan: Go to yoga class, go to a movie, do some packing of books. What did I do instead?

- Fell asleep on the couch.
- Woke up grumpy and disoriented.
- Made apple pie*.
- Made naan.
- Made a Madhur Jaffrey potato recipe (although I used sweet potatoes b/c that's what I had.)
- Did all the dishes (quite a lot really) and then went back to sleep.

* It was ok. I used a Nigella Lawson crust recipe and just peeled, cored and sliced 4 apples, tossed w/ lemon zest and some juice, a little sugar, nutmeg, and cardamom - I should have used more apples and I really need to work on my crust skills. I think I used a little too much water and the bottom half is too thick and didn't bake evenly, the top half is too thin and kind of brittle. Also, I should have added some salt to the filling. Oh well, having apple pie is still infinitely better than not having apple pie, and there's nothing to do but keep practicing!

Aucun commentaire: