jeudi 24 janvier 2008

Grrr

Look at all the really interesting articles I could have read if only my New Yorker ever showed up!  (Someday I will write a screed about basic services here; for the moment, suffice it to say that working on a survey in a part of town that was pretty hard-hit by the storm and that now has about a 30% occupancy rate, piles of trash the city hasn't picked up, even worse mail/electricity/roads/whatnot - some respondents said they had no major problems.  I think this stoicism stems not from everything being peachy keen but from never having properly received the services for which we pay taxes, and therefore not understanding that mail should show up, roads should not have craters, etc.)

(Um.  So really I like it here, assorted fussing notwithstanding.  I just don't have much faith in politicians and/or officials anywhere.  And I think the citizens and residents of New Orleans deserve better.)

Aucun commentaire: