So it turns out the pasta recipe below can be rolled out, cut into strips, cooked very briefly in boiling water, and turn out delicious! You can even use the silly little pastry tool you bought on a whim two years ago and have never used to give them crimped edges!
For sauce: briefly cook 4 minced garlic cloves, add 1 mandolined zucchini, cook briefly, add 2 coarsely chopped tomatoes, wait til the tomatoes give off a bit of juice, add shrimp (I bought a pound and then peeled them), cook til almost pink*, add mixed handful chopped herbs (oregano, basil, fennel, sage), and then eat w/ white wine and an episode of Oz.
* I remember this sense of revelation when I realized that fish/seafood, like red meat, could have degrees of doneness - when fish is à point, I find it infinitely fascinating, halfway translated between living flesh and food.
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
work in progress
libellés
- accidie
- Art
- Bamako
- Bay Area
- Books
- Cooking
- Cross-cultural fun
- DC
- Dessert
- Dilemmas
- Drinks
- family
- French
- Gabon
- Geekitude
- Grease
- happy
- idiots
- Language Snob
- love
- money
- Movies
- music
- New Orleans
- pastry
- Quotes
- random
- Restaurants
- satisfying websites
- School
- segou
- Technology
- Thinking
- Travail
- Travel
- Uganda
- Unfamiliarness
- Vacation
- Whining
- Writing
- yoga
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire