vendredi 28 mai 2010

Thoughts

1. Cold coffee in a Ball jar + Galactic = is there any other way to start a New Orleans summer morning?

2. When I feel awful, it is good/important to remember that these feelings ARE NOT REAL. They are artifacts of some other trauma/some miswiring in my brain. Acknowledging this does not make the feelings go away, but it makes them a little easier to handle.

3. Christ, I hate getting old. My left wrist, my left shoulder, my right hip: I have all these trouble spots that flare up and just freaking hurt. If I feel this creaky and dilapidated at not quite 30, how much worse is it going to get?

4. You know when you're OBSESSED with a song and you listen to it over and over again (much to the irritation of anyone w/ in earshot of you, sorry co-workers and neighbours [but not really b/c the song is AWESOME]) and maybe you're going through some tough times and the lyrics are, like, really meaningful to the situation you're in*? Yeah, that's this song for me right now:



* i.e., 'Deep down inside, I got a heart of steel, I'll take the pain, turn it into something real' - yeah I know kind of obvious, and maybe I should be embarrassed about how much time I have spent singing** along with her with a really deep expression on my face, but you know what? No. This is what art is for, to help us with the difficult work of being human, and this song gives me faith.

** Well, croaking. Caterwauling. Whatever.

Aucun commentaire: