lundi 22 novembre 2010

Green beans

are not something I'm really a fan of. I had them once as a kid boiled to shreds in vinegar and that pretty much killed my interest in them. But they're in season now so I've been trying to get over it - early last week, I sauteed some in thyme butter and then threw in a bit of water and let them steam/the butter emulsify - not terrible. Then for Friendsgiving (oh good grief so much deliciousness - cranberry sauce w/ horseradish being the standout exquisiteness) I decided to roast them (roasting makes everything better, right?) and make a dressing. The roasting = meh but quite possibly I didn't do it right (perhaps I will consult an actual recipe next time), the dressing = rather good, really.

- Mince 1/2 preserved lemon.
- Mince 4 or 5 cloves of garlic.
- Juice 1/2 of an orange.
- Whisk together the above w/ a few tbs of olive oil, some black pepper, and a bit of ground cumin.

Is it ok to just eat green beans raw? I like them raw.

Aucun commentaire: