mardi 16 novembre 2010

Jumble

- Crescent Pie and Sausage Co.'s spicy sausage po boy w/ tomato ragout = amazing.
- Any child of my father knows at least one way to make steak: salt + pepper both sides, melt some butter in a frying pan, let it get decently hot, sear on both sides (how long depends on how thick the steak is), rest, eat with potatoes (we added spinach salad b/c... well, a feeble nod in the direction of vegetables seemed like a good idea.)
- I now find watching football both soothing and interesting.
- After years of being acerbic about my friends who dote on their pets, I am now reduced to cooing inanities at my kitten and giving her twee nicknames. (I.e. 'pumpkin custard'. I hang my head.)
- Wouldn't life be nice if we only had to do exactly what we want to?
- And we never ever had to accommodate or be inconvenienced by other people and have to deal w/ the knowledge that the other is just as important and worthwhile as the self? Or try to put that knowledge into practice? Bah.
- Friendsgiving I this weekend and Friendsgiving II on the proper day!
- YOU CAN MAKE MUSTARD TO CAN. This is a revelation.
- After spending a lot of time and energy looking for cheaper options that were not ferociously ugly, I gave up and ordered a duvet cover and rug from Anthropologie. They were both on sale but I still better get YEARS of use out of them. (But probably having furnishings that I actually like is worth it.)
- Choices, changes, culminations, new chapters, all coming up. The next few months should be very interesting.
- This pumpkin bread pudding w/ some cranberries thrown in = delight and comfort in a bowl. I love, love, love the contrast between the soft custardy pieces on bottom and crunchy, almost savoury pieces on top.
- Hanging out with my sister is such a pleasure. At this point in our relationship, our squabbles are usually even actually about something worthwhile!

1 commentaire:

Ruby Fuerza AKA Lucille Brawl a dit…

excited that friendsgiving is getting blog coverage!!!!

cant wait to see what you make!!

any tips for cooking zee bird??

xx