samedi 7 avril 2007

Mixed bag

Not only does delivery from Da Guido work, it is freakishly fast - like 20 minutes! Fortunately, there was no chance of the pizza approaching a state even resembling 'cold' before the coworker coming over showed up.

I went last night to the Centre Culturel Francais (http://www.ccfbko.org.ml/) for a concert. I looove the CCF. The concert was Mamani Keita and Nicolas Repac - to celebrate an album, Yelema - it was GREAT, they are worth checking out.

The only blemish on yesterday was that someone talked his way into my apartment while a coworker was alone there and abstracted my camera, which was on the couch. I'm grumpy about the camera (especially b/c it had photos of the survey team on it!) but I'm more upset by feeling insecure in my living space. At the concert last night, I kept worrying that the thief was taking advantage of my absence to finish the job, and wondering if the guards, neighbours etc. were in cahoots with him. Of course they're not, and it was probably just an opportunistic theft, but it's still depressing.

Aucun commentaire: