vendredi 13 avril 2007

The Relais

I’ve always been a little sketched out by the Relais because I went there in July when I was doing research on hotels and the lobby was kind of dingy and room I saw even more so. So despite it being close to my apartment, I’ve never eaten there. (Also, the dining room has huge windows and fronts onto the street, where there are lots of beggars/vendors/phone card-sellers [as we Bambaraphones would say, carte-feenelaw!] – I was for some reason put off by the idea of ‘my’ vendors and acquaintances whom I see and greet every day seeing me eat in a ridiculous expensive expat place. Whatever, I’m sure they wouldn’t even notice, much less care.) I finally went there Thursday night. The beef carpaccio had been recommended and was indeed great; the main courses were kind of blah; but evidently they have wifi and a nice-looking lounge behind the dining room so I’m sure I’ll be back.

Aucun commentaire: