On Wednesday night I went to Soukhothai, a very very good (and very expensive) Thai restaurant in the Quartier du Fleuve. It’s so nice, and for some reason every time I go there I walk and show up even grubbier than usual. They have a dessert involving chocolate mousse, coconut, and crème anglaise – not, I assume, authentically Thai but irresistible. It’s actually rich enough to daunt me, which is pretty rare.
Afterwards we went to a play at the CCF. (God, what a great institution. I go there like once a week.) It focused on the story of a woman of Malian origin but French nationality, all very metaphorical and poetic (there were lots of balloons, not quite sure what their significance was. Also impressive choreography, impressively executed by the actress/dancer in question.)
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
work in progress
libellés
- accidie
- Art
- Bamako
- Bay Area
- Books
- Cooking
- Cross-cultural fun
- DC
- Dessert
- Dilemmas
- Drinks
- family
- French
- Gabon
- Geekitude
- Grease
- happy
- idiots
- Language Snob
- love
- money
- Movies
- music
- New Orleans
- pastry
- Quotes
- random
- Restaurants
- satisfying websites
- School
- segou
- Technology
- Thinking
- Travail
- Travel
- Uganda
- Unfamiliarness
- Vacation
- Whining
- Writing
- yoga
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire