lundi 16 juillet 2007

Anatomy of a final weekend

- Spend all day Saturday at work, with the power off (this bit was not my favourite)
- Come home to find that your excellent sister has made a carrot cake (this compensated significantly for the above)
- Have dinner in the charming garden at Da Guido
- Last concert - lovely Afro-Cuban at the CCF
- Wake up on Sunday to rain splashing on your cheek
- Go drink tea and watch the rain with Touareg silversmith, buy presents
- Go to Musee National, sit in cafe and watch the rain, feeling a little sentimental
- Go to botanical garden, curse self for not having checked it out before, climb to Point G and admire the city
- Walk home through the marche de medine, quite a contrast to the quiet greenness of the museum and garden
- Pack, and then re-pack, and then lie awake wondering what you've forgotten

Argh. I am sad to be leaving Bamako. Tomorrow I leave and will head to Senegal and the Gambia with my sister. This will be my last post for a bit; I'll be back in DC the 29th.

Aucun commentaire: