samedi 7 juillet 2007

Consistency issues

I made vanilla buttercream/lime curd frosting last night (I have made 3 cakes this week - slightly puzzled by this certain urge, but enjoying the fruits thereof) and it tastes great (she said modestly) but is still pretty runny. Oh well. I guess next time I'll just make a stiffer buttercream.

Anyone who doesn't know what lime curd is, run, don't walk to your stove and:

Cook while whisking over medium-low heat 1/4 cup lime juice, 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and 2 beaten eggs; when it gets thick, remove from heat and stir in 1/2 tb lime zest. Let it cool, if you can, and then experience the glorious jewel-toned creamy stuff, the vibrancy of limes ringing through the tempering richness of the eggs, butter, and sugar. I think you're supposed to eat it like jam, as a condiment, but I find myself sidling into the kitchen every 2 minutes for just one more quality check every time I make it.

Aucun commentaire: