jeudi 7 février 2008

Bah

Having problems posting my Mardi Gras pictures; for the moment, let me just say it was ton of fun.  I kind of expected grim, driven, joyless debauchery, and I'm sure I'd've seen some of that if I'd ventured onto Bourbon; but mostly I saw people having fun.  And had some myself.

So:
  • Yup, lots of beads.  And cups, and a keychain, and plastic roses.  No coconuts or shoes though!
  • Best $5 I Ever Spent: Club Fabulous on Tuesday - I got a drink and the right to use the bathroom the rest of the day (even though still had to go through the metal detector and be patted down every time.)
  • I got to see some Mardi Gras Indians!!!!!!!  This was kind of my only major goal, so pretty happy.
  • All the people on St. Charles with ladders: um, hello, spoilsports.
  • Thank you, New Orleans Weather Deities, for giving us good weather after Thursday night.
  • After Zulu I went to the Claiborne overpass and this is going to sound funny, but I loved all the smells.  Barbecue, sweat, pot, snowballs, perfume, diesel: it was just a cheerful smorgasbord.

Aucun commentaire: