jeudi 13 janvier 2011

Food notes

- Irritated today to receive a cooking newsletter from Tasting Table with three warming winter meals - all meat-centric. There is lots of vibrant vegetarian cooking to do - all of it cheaper and healthier than anything with short ribs as the main ingredient. (I'm not vegetarian, just think meat should be an accessory to eating, not the focus.)
- Made this (w/ collards instead of chard b/c I just love collards) and it was wonderful and warming but inappropriate for lunch leftovers, b/c my office is a freaking sauna and eating hot things is fairly unpleasant.
- So I retreat to standbys that can be eaten warm at home when they're freshly prepared but are just fine cold at lunchtime: pizza with mushrooms, lots of garlic, and rapini; soba noodles with spicy peanut sauce and carrots and sweet potatoes (roasted w/ sambal oelek per usual) and the rest of the rapini (blanched.)
- Made this with shrimp and crawfish (wanted to do a mix closer to what she suggests but forgot my wallet when I went to Whole Foods so retreated to the Rouse's near my house, which is a wonderful place but a little lacking in the outre seafood department.) It would have been better if I hadn't had three hot toddies while watching the Packers and consequently been a little lacking in focus.

Aucun commentaire: