mardi 15 mars 2011

A friend recently wrote

about how freakouts always become about more than just whatever it is you're freaking out about - they become about your basic ability to be a human being. I do this about things that are not even worth freaking out about in the first place (I'm excellent at figuring out facts, totally terrible at interpretation) - things are better than they used to be but ugh, I hate recognizing how much work I have yet to do.

Some Michael Gruber book or another uses the very useful concept of grelets - malicious spirits that encourage you to waste all your energy on feeling unloved or incomplete or generally panicky, so you will waste your time being angry or jealous or materialistic, and not appreciating life or working hard or loving fully. I don't subscribe to this cosmology exactly, but it has a certain utility in calming myself down when freaking out.

Aucun commentaire: