- Good grief, I love Domenica's half-price pizza and drinks happy hour. (In fact, going back today.)
- On Friday evening I drank a Baci di Noci - bourbon, walnut liquer, and I think some citrus peel squeezed over the top - scrumptious. So on Saturday I made this cake with walnut oil (and some chopped rosemary, and used grapefruit instead of lemon) - pretty good although I lack the patience to get all of the syrup into the cake. (And then on Sunday I went to find some pants and had to go a size up - so I'm slicing and freezing the rest of the cake in small portions.)
- Spring is in full swing here when I get sweaty enough doing yoga (in my home, with the windows open, not particularly aggressively) to inhale sweat in downward dog. (Lovely, I know.)
- This also means that sitting in the shade with iced tea, or listening to live music outdoors as the sun goes down, is a piercing pleasure. (Soon it'll be too hot for those activities to be reliably enjoyable.)
- The cake's remaining syrup went pretty well with some cava and mint leaves on a blanket under a tree by the bayou.
lundi 28 mars 2011
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
work in progress
libellés
- accidie
- Art
- Bamako
- Bay Area
- Books
- Cooking
- Cross-cultural fun
- DC
- Dessert
- Dilemmas
- Drinks
- family
- French
- Gabon
- Geekitude
- Grease
- happy
- idiots
- Language Snob
- love
- money
- Movies
- music
- New Orleans
- pastry
- Quotes
- random
- Restaurants
- satisfying websites
- School
- segou
- Technology
- Thinking
- Travail
- Travel
- Uganda
- Unfamiliarness
- Vacation
- Whining
- Writing
- yoga
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire