Well... it was a good weekend, except for another freakout - pretty significant this time. I'm so tired of hurting. Back to focusing on therapy and self-care is all the rest that I'm going to say about that.
But also there was Kermit Ruffins, and making chocolate caramel cheesecake (marvelous), red velvet cupcakes (ok... cupcakes were a little dry but adding sour cream to the frosting was brilliant if I do say so myself), and spice cake with orange curd between the layers, topped with orange flower water-scented whipped cream and strawberries (inspired, she said modestly), and Super Sunday. And the counsel and comfort of a sister, the pleasure of friends, and the affection of grandparents, and making people laugh out loud even when I'm at my worst inside. All of which should serve to remind me that I am and have all that a human being could wish for, and any voice saying otherwise is just another grelet*.
* Source is here. Whatever, the point of fiction is to teach us how to be human.
lundi 21 mars 2011
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
work in progress
libellés
- accidie
- Art
- Bamako
- Bay Area
- Books
- Cooking
- Cross-cultural fun
- DC
- Dessert
- Dilemmas
- Drinks
- family
- French
- Gabon
- Geekitude
- Grease
- happy
- idiots
- Language Snob
- love
- money
- Movies
- music
- New Orleans
- pastry
- Quotes
- random
- Restaurants
- satisfying websites
- School
- segou
- Technology
- Thinking
- Travail
- Travel
- Uganda
- Unfamiliarness
- Vacation
- Whining
- Writing
- yoga
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire